ἴδωσιν from ὁράω


Aldous Huxley, it isn't your Brave New World, thank the stars, at least not quite yet, though we seem ignorantly if obliviously to be wishing and bringing it on ourselves. But with all that we see and are this morning, it's certainly Strange New World. Or strange new phase into strange new world. Because where reality Is one's perception of reality, one's world is as much within as without, and no two worlds are alike. More than generally Everyone's world is different, Each One's world is different and real, and there are billions of us. 

My world, my reality, is what I see, realize, perceive, comprehend, understand as the world around me, that I'm part of and is part of me. The mind always circles back to Mark 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power” where the operative word is ἴδωσιν from its root word ὁράω - -  see, look upon, experience, perceive, discern, be aware; to see with the mind, perceive inwardly - -

 - - where my reality is far different from yours - -

and which in part explains why there may be more than one "truth" to the protests and rioting that continue to be incendiarized by new instances of official brutality toward black people, that in justice and righteousness there is only one God's Truth, and we ain't it,

which, in further part, is to see that we have entirely failed to See who it is that is God's New Israel - - and that it Is Not Us.

The sacred scripture of some new age, perhaps that Strange New World, will record a Second Exodus out of Bondage in New Egypt into the Promised Land.

So, ἴδωσιν from ὁράω - - who fails or refuses to see the signs and parallels and metaphors  - - 

+++++++++=

Sorry 'bout that. My original intent with what began as this morning's Sunday School blogpost on +Time was to relate how my own perception of my own personal reality has shifted from May 2018 through June 2020, to stir you to contemplate your own, so we could discuss it. But I wandered off track, never got that far, and now I'm not gonna do that, I'm gonna leave it where it is.
   


The altar flowers are given by Tom & Linda Weller in celebration of their 63rd wedding anniversary.