the Butterflies

 Everyone is different, which may be why the word is everyOne instead of everyAll, and I don't shy away from the idea of being more different than Most, or even All. Tuesday next I turn 86, and all I want for Christmas is to be seventeen. 

Speaking of different, no man's masculinity is bounded by his taste in anything, so remember that when you see my new cell phone case, cover. 


The last one was black, and once I set it down I couldn't find the damn thing, it was invisible to me, so I resorted to keeping it marked with stickers that quickly wore off, I VOTED for a while after various elections, and a sticker of my Vietnam Service Medal for another while, and a name-tag from church at one point, and the authorization stickers from my visits to Gulf Coast Diagnostic Center. But recently I got some new shirts with no pocket, so had to order a belt holster to hold my cellphone. With the old case, the phone was too big for the new holster, so I went online and shopped cellphone cases that would fit in the new holster. 

The choices are infinite, so I decided I might as well get one I like and that's colorful so I can see it when I put it down. This one, the specifications said "for girls and women" and I thought "abc that" and ordered it. Like a flower garden in springtime. My second choice, pondered for a bit, was the same but with many butterflies. 

Which reminds me. With all the Stuff about the Washington Redskins dropping their name for something insipid, and the Cleveland Indians changing their name, and the cancel-culturists and cultural appropriation warriors demanding that FSU change from Seminoles to GKW, I'm reminded that our sports mascots don't always have to be someThing or someOne fierce. Why does it have to be Gators, or Tigers, or Sharks, or Tornadoes, or Hurricanes, or Rattlesnakes, or even Tide (have you ever watched a storm tide roll in, it can get pretty nasty). I mean, Cardinal is nice, Ducks, Terrapins, and why not Butterflies? Years ago when HNES was changing from the Holy Terrors to something less startling for the twenty-first century, I actually suggested The Butterflies and was met with disdain. And yet why not? it's a Christian school and a butterfly is a symbol for the Resurrection.

So anyway, what? I've probably said enough.

RSF&PTL

and notwithstanding ruffled sensitivities, I still like my sign



Kindness IS everything. ἀγάπη, ελεος, חֶסֶד, chesed, lovingkindness, grace: God's one characteristic, chesed is far more to be desired in a god than omnipotence and/or omniscience.
And certainly than justice or righteousness: kindness.

T+