Tuesday: Time


Every Day Is A Beautiful Day and it’s a beautiful world, and I don't know about all the other animals, but one of many great things about getting to be human for a while is that we get to see it in color.


My weather app says brief rain will start in a few minutes, but fifteen minutes ago it was raining out visibility at BayPoint across the Bay to the SSW of 7H, and now that cloud has moved down so it’s raining on Tyndall AFB to the south and east of us. 


Anyway, whatever, it’s a beautiful day. I’m still 86, been so for a week now, and Life is Good. More relaxed and noticeably more appreciated than ever, although my forties were really special, loved and appreciated even then.


In one of the pictures a tug is moving the dredge barge off to the east. There was dredging in the Pass for a while, and dredging at the place where the channel turns from heading west (for an incoming vessel) to heading north toward the West Terminal. Now all that is apparently done, dredging still going on in that channel heading north. I don’t know whether it’s routine on a schedule, or whether storms or tides dragged mud into the channels, but I think it’s desired depth is 42 feet for navigability of the ships that come and go here. 

Not reading anything at the moment except The New Yorker magazine that arrives weekly, and that selectively. All their articles and essays and regular columns are interesting and well written, but not all are interesting to me, and when you’re in the category called Advanced Old Age, you pretty well do and say what you DWP, and that’s where I am in life.

The internet is off in 7H this morning, so I’m writing this on a word-processing sheet of “paper” then I’ll light off my personal hotspot and move it all to the +Time blog, also adding the two or three pictures. I’m not getting them all, but a person could stand or sit here around the clock taking pictures because the seascape, clouds, sky and weather are unchangingly fascinating. Like, at the moment it’s raining like the bejesus in the Gulf off of Thomas Drive and appears to be moving eastward, our way. The clouds are absolutely magnificent. 

The internet is off! Do you know that my grandfather and father and my grandmothers never even heard the word internet and they lived life to its fullest! I wonder what my grandchildren will experience in the way of technology that is beyond my imagination this morning? Would I wish to wait and live there? No way, Jose, but I might like to return to 1947 as an adult and buy that new DeSoto. 


Or, I’ll let you choose for me. I’m deciding between a new 1947 DeSoto and a new 1947 Hudson. 


What do you think? And BTW seeing as it’s just me in this Time Adventure, I think I’ll go ahead and spring for the convertible I always wanted. DeSoto

or Hudson?

Time, however, as we’re experiencing and recently confirmed by an intelligent essay, only moves forward, never backward so far. For us though, we’re only here in Time’s present moment, all the rest is memories in one direction, and hope in the other.

You know what? I can't imagine my grandfather grousing because the internet was off.



TW+