stars


 

Good morning! Tuesday is rolling around again, I don't know how this keeps happening. It's three-forty-something o'clock in the wee hours. Outside, the sky is ominously dark, storm clouds gathering, a hundred percent chance of rain in the forecast, maybe with thunder and lightning, maybe that ugly part will stay in the Gulf. 61° and drizzly at the moment, with rain forecast to start at four o'clock. We have a doctor's appointment this morning and are hoping to get a parking spot close enough to the clinic's front door to avoid getting soaked.

Life is Good. Sometimes things happen, come up suddenly, especially involving loved ones, longstanding friends and family, that make life's usual anxieties pale and fade. I wake, make coffee, open email, and part of my world collapses, anxiety skyrockets, a health issue with ones who are far more than special friends to me, with whom I have family involvement and a history of seeing through tough Times together. Why is Life good, then? Because now and then Life brings me up short with the renewed realization that nothing matters as much as love and caring, including theological, political, sociological, and other differences. So, yes, I'm extremely distressed this morning, but I'm good because my brain is rebooted and my priorities are reset and restored.

When we were in the Commissary at Tyndall last week, Linda bought a plant with wonderfully subtle aromatic little star-shaped white flowers. Jasmine. It started acting like a climbing vine, so she cut two of the three reaching tentacles: within a day the entire plant put out buds, and this morning has burst into bloom. It's right here at my left hand with its faintly sweet, spicy fragrance.


Life is good, and we love a rainstorm.

RSF&PTL

T