Sunday early

 


Saturday, 6:46 pm, if this were a spy novel or a war movie, this could be a ship silently making her way out of port under cover of darkness, except that she's not "darken ship" and the port itself is not the totally blacked out place that I remember Panama City being every night throughout World War Two! 

So, she's likely OsloBulk 355x61, underway with Kraft liner for TBA, the vessel schedule has become slow to post vessel drafts and destinations for IDK reasons. 

But a pretty sight, slipping by 7H as we sat out there enjoying the silence.

Mind, the Time has changed, it feels like 4:52, but we're back to 3:52 CST and I like it. I rather prefer staying on standard time instead of the shift back and forth to put us on DST during the lighter, warmer months. But warmer? Hey, WTH, November, Christmas is what? ten weeks away? and it's 72°F outside and going to 82 today, pleasant, wind from due east at 5 mph, 80% and mostly clear right now, a lovely Sunday morning to look forward to celebrating All Saints Day at church.

But as I say, the Time has changed, so don't arrive at church an hour early. Who are you mad at when that happens? 

From 7H it'll be just me at church today - - I'm back to battery, but Linda is staying home as we trust her cold will soon start to recede as mine did. It's been long years since my last one, but I don't recall ever before having had a cold like this, with no sore throat and no fever. I could have said it was fall allergies except that Linda caught it from me. Quite miserable.

Breakfast: hot & black coffee from my coffee club and a few thin slices of pork tenderloin. Lunch, I have a pint of oysters from Chesapeake Bay, and I think I'll cook them in some of the portobello mushroom soup that I bought at Trader Joe's while we were there during our Wakulla Springs adventure last month.

4:09 CST and Time to have a final look at this morning's sermon notes. Take weeks and hours prepping it, preach it twice, about ten minutes each service, publish it here later this morning as soon as church is over. As often, I'm fortunate that Mike Harding is driving over from Tallahassee to assist me, traveling mercies for Mike this morning, Lord.

RSF&PTL

T