thinking

Sky in the darkness this early predawn morning, clouds thick, heavy, deep black, low and ominous, seem to be settling on the tops of the high-rise condos across the Bay to my right and the west on Thomas Drive. Not hot, 83°F, but stiflingly muggy, I don't remember this for June; but then, summer is almost to July, isn't it. We had three months, in modernity they have two, teachers report back to school in a month. I'm glad to have had my life in The Old Time.

At the station, standing outside on the platform waiting for their trains to take them separate ways, the Pevensie children are suddenly transported: they land in overgrown ruins. Exploring, they realize it's the long-abandoned ruins of an ancient castle and they're in the throne room. It's Cair Paravel, where in an almost forgotten Time they were kings and queens. They find Peter's sword and other treasures, and the adventure begins. Aslan has called. 

Faces, I see faces and hear voices. Has life been real, or is this all a dream? It doesn't really matter, does it. Forty-five years, sixty-six years, and seventy. Seventy-five years ago I learned to drive a car. Eighty-one years ago I was in first grade at Cove School, where did the Time go, it's all in my head, was it real, or my imagination? I'm not sure, because deliberately messing with my own mind from Time to Time, I've found that I can make life whatever I want it to have been.

What happened in Narnia while I was away?

+++++++++

Anglican Christianity embraces Scripture, Reason, and Tradition, and you believe certain tenets of The Faith that Reason tells me are wishful thinking, nonsense: shall I regress into them, or shall I continue to Seek the Truth, Come whence it May, Cost what it Will? Thinking is quite costly, and it doesn't say "think," anyway, it says "be fruitful and multiply," but that was before we tasted the forbidden fruit, wasn't it. And now there's no way back to innocent ignorance.

In a thousand years, or a hundred if there are still People, what I know today will itself be laughable nonsense.

RSF&PTL anyway

T


 



.