birthday


It's not certain whether Facebook is mindless, heartless, cruel, thoughtful, sentimental, ... . This morning FB reminded me "today is Richard Youd's birthday, let him know you're thinking about him." Richard would have turned 31, same age as my Kristen, they were classmates. Richard was a loved student at Holy Nativity Episcopal School. I preached Richard's funeral on September 14, 2019, my 84th birthday. We each of us have our Day or Days That Will Live In Infamy, and one of mine is waking the morning of September 10, 2019 to a text from Kristen, "Richard Youd died in a car crash early this morning." I texted her back, "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG." The pain was incredible. Facebook brought it all back this morning, and I can't tell whether my feelings are grief or gratitude, or simply stirred memories. It's not the first Time FB has done this to me, January 24, my sister's birthday, and Ryan Yessman, also an HNES student and very close to family. Birthdays are a marker, these things come along in all our lives if we live long enough. FB does this to me every year, and I'm never quite sure what my feelings are. 

++++++++

++++++++



Israeli PM Netanyahu says the strike was unintentional, an outright lie, he's lying, a liar: someone eyed the target, read the sign on the car's roof, and pressed the trigger after someone authorized it, a precision hit. Israel does not want the Palestinians fed. 

What do I expect of Israel in this war? I expect what I remember. I remember the hatred in our certainty that "the only good Jap is a dead Jap" and "the only good German is a dead German." When at war with a hated enemy, the enemy's children are nothing but your FUTURE enemies. Israel impeding aid into Gaza is to be expected, it's aid to the enemy, "the only good Palestinian ..." and from the other side, "the only good Jew ... ." In Total War, Israel is no longer even taking pains to avoid hitting Americans. Choose your side, or watch, learn, and remember. 

Israel is showing true colors, but do not get on the side of Hamas, an even greater evil.

++++++++++
++++++++++

Breakfast, cornbread sliced very thin and toasted. Slide out, cover top with cambozola, German soft blue cheese that's a camembert gorgonzola, slide back in for cheese to melt. Slide out, press homemade chicken curry salad into toaster-softened cheese. Brew second magic mug of hot & black, sit, relax, admire, and enjoy.

Tuesday, April l2, 2024, 10:41 a.m.,  YASA Lotus 580x98 arriving to load wood pellets for Tyne, UK 

and life goes on, ready or not.

RSF&PTL
T88&c