Home: RSF&PTL
Starting with an okay, I'll try to write - - it's call "dash off" - - a quick blogpost before heading to the bathroom for my first shower since last Saturday morning. Imagine: I haven't had a shower since back when I was ninety years old.
Problem this morning is that here in 7H the water pressure is minimal at the moment. Mind, the water pressure here at seventh level does not flow up here gravitationally as our water in the Apalachicola rectory did before a 1985 hurricane destroyed the water tower in Gorrie Square next to us: water is pumped up here electrically, so there's an issue this morning.
My first returning home treat yesterday morning was a magic mug of my Club hot & black. Another mug in this morning's early darkness when I like to get up.
This morning a new record was set: my breakfast. Until this morning, my lifeTime all-best-ever breakfasts were the self-service buffet breakfasts on the top deck stern of the Disney Wonder on our two cruises; one just the two of us in, I think it was 2002, the second taking all our descendants for a Disney Wonder cruise in 2007 to celebrate our fiftieth wedding anniversary. That was a highlight of life for us.
Anyway, the Disney Wonder breakfast that I loved so much was all I wanted to serve onto my plate soft scrambled eggs and all the lox I wanted, razor thin slices of cold smoked salmon. I can eat a lot of lox and soft-scrambled eggs.
This morning's breakfast set the new standard: three of Linda's soft-scrambled cheese eggs. With it, two slices of very thin whole wheat bread, lightly toasted, each bite of eggs forked onto a bite of the toast that had been prepped with a smear of mayonnaise. So: soft-scrambled cheese eggs, lightly toasted whole wheat bread, mayonnaise.
++++++++
The wound care specialist is to arrive at nine o'clock, so I need to close this down and get into the bathroom and start my routine that climaxes when I step into the hot shower. Fingers crossed.
Home at last, thank God Almighty.
Life is Good.
RSF&PTL
T91