yes, one does



Two of my favorite characters, 

Aslan the Lion, who in Narnia represents the Emperor-over-the-Sea. 

Dewey Duck, sibling of Donald's triplet nephews Huey, Dewey, Louie, who enjoys a ubiquitous presence here in 7H. 

Aslan and Dewey lie down together but do not eat hay.

+++++++++

This is an interesting Time of life when one realizes the late aging experience of good days and bad days. Bad days are not mood or pain, but a certain tiredness, a groggy, drowsy exhaustion, disinterest in old joys: haven't had a tray of ice cold salty oysters on the half-shell in three weeks and did not enjoy the last one. 

Sitting with legs propped up and dozing off with head tilted sideways and mouth open; observers judge mentally dull. The days of total retirement I've shrunk into lack aspiration: what does one do, think, or say to earn the air one breathes? From "The King and I," is a puzzlement.

A puzzlement, a struggle with oneself. No suggestions needed, there's nobody living inside here but me, and one deals with life oneself, doesn't one.

++++++++++   

Gas explosion in a tourist apartment building in Greece, six people dead including four Americans: a young woman who was Kristen's friend her first years at Emory University, the woman's husband, brother, and sister in law. It's a small, small world where life itself comes frighteningly close and closer.

++++++++

Make Earth Great Again. National borders are a human construct, and international interdependence encourages peaceful coexistence. 

++++++++

Am I a better person at ninety-one than I was at forty-two? 

IDK

T91