Bows of Folly

Deck the Halls with Bows of Folly Fa la la la la la la la la
Carroll the Ancient Yuletide Troll aka CtAYT or ςτ 8 came in wee hours with gifts for Beloved Kiddywinks who are expected late morning. Late breakfast awaits them, Kringles of various sorts and flavors, tea, coffee, milk, juice. Before they arrive at 2308 WBD, ςτ 8 will depart to officiate ten-thirty worship, which this year doubles as both Sunday morning and Christmas Day service. No long sermon. More, homilette.
One of many blessings and joys of being Priest Associate at Holy Nativity Episcopal Church, PC is feeling most welcome. Another is zero parish administration. Another is being able to focus on my interest, Bible classes. Another is being able to help in any way the rector wants or needs, which is a blessing and joy to me, and includes officiating at HNEC this morning. 
Christmas Gift. Joys and blessings of 2011 were family and friends, loved ones all, who flew me to Cleveland in January, visited and looked after me there. And when the nurse at Cleveland Clinic asked, “Would you like to see a Hospital Chaplain before you go to surgery?” I said, “No thank you, my priest is here.” She said, “You’ve come up from Florida, and your priest is here?” Indeed. Those joys and blessings have lifted me all year long. And being blessed with life this Christmas Day makes my joy complete.  
So -- how many services do we have at HNEC this morning?
ONE. 10:30.  
Merry Christmas. 
Not to mention Festivus.
Festivus?
I said not to mention it.

ςτ 8