Apology

Here am I, 73F 86%, waning half moon over my left shoulder, slight breeze, and though no thunder, an occasional flash of lightning, distant. The bad news is that although I cut it into hot-dog lengths and froze it and've carefully rationed it out, in the porch darkness before dawn I'm eating the last bit of the exquisite sausage friends sent for Christmas. I make my sausage last: my sausage and my chocolate, I make them last as long as possible.

And yes, there's the lightning, streaks in the clouds to the south, beyond Shell Island out over the Gulf of Mexico.

Sunday School this morning. In the Letter of James the Bible teaches that faith without works is dead, and in the Gospel according to Mark, Jesus is out of his geographical element and healing Gentiles – that's us. There are a couple bits of wisdom from Proverbs, and Psalm 125 prays “Peace be upon Israel.” May it be so, in our time.

My shame: I just picked up my iPhone, which I turned off and laid aside when I woke at three o'clock Friday morning and while I sat out here on the porch talking and visiting and being with Joe, and Linda brought us breakfast of scrambled eggs and mushrooms. I enjoyed my last morning with Joe. But picking up my iPhone just now and turning it back on, I see that I totally forgot the Friday morning walk with Robert, who arrived and waited and I failed to show up, and for that I feel sad and disappointed in myself. It's way too early to call Robert and apologize, but I will do that later today.

Happy with football openers except discovering that aura does not win games. Sorry Blue.

Peace.

Tom+