All I want for Christmas

A perfect Christmas morning-in-waiting out there, 38F and 80% by the weather map, actually a little warmer at 7H, above forty right here on the water. Jesus says (MT 18:3) "Except ye ... become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven," and it all comes back every year at this season. 

When I was a boy I always wished for snow at Christmas. It never happened, I never saw snow until that December 1957 morning in Newport, Rhode Island, and I never saw snow here in Panama City until February 1988. But being outside in the backyard on Christmas morning, barefooted and wearing my new holster with cap pistol ready for cowboys and indians or war, put snow the farthest thing from my mind. 
All it took to make a boy happy was Christmas vacation, a cap pistol
 and a roll of caps.


All I want for Christmas is to be a boy and to enter the kingdom of heaven. I am already in the kingdom of heaven. But no one will ever be a boy again.


Thos+