Thursday Morning

Early to bed, early to rise is not making me healthy, wealthy and wise, nor is the early bird getting the worm. Though the mild mental exercise may save the brain from developing a thicker outer crust. 


Here on the south of this condo village we view a quartersphere, half of the dome that is the firmament sitting on top of the earth and keeping out the waters. God opened some of the windows during the night, I went out on the porch to witness rain falling when Father Nature roused me at 0200. With a clear flat view south across the Bay to the horizon and all the way round from east to west, and straight up to the zenith, the clouds are as different from moment to moment as people’s fingerprints, or DNA, or faces. 


No two sky moments are alike, there are no identical twins in the heavens. As a small boy I wished for a twin, but now having made that theological observation I’m ok as a one-off. 

There goes the Navy out for another hard day’s work at sea. I would love to have been stationed here, always asked for Panama City but my detailers gave me “career enhancing billets,” as they said, what they liked to call “the hard jobs.” There were some years when their expectations for me surpassed my intentions and some were surprised when I bolted at twenty years. In some ways I wish I had pressed harder for an assignment here. But no, then my life and family makeup might have been very different. Deuces are not wild, and I’m standing pat.

One of the larger ships leaving port, with a load of wood pellets on her way to Ghent. 


Active harbor this morning. Active life. My only downer is that across the Holiday Season there is no more Wednesday Evening Church Service until January 6th. 


Thos+ in +Time+