call of Tua and the Jakes


Not to keep on and on about it, and I will not be an Alabama fan until they fall to the bottom of the barrel and have to start fighting their way back up - - as I recall from my years at UFlorida, the weekend in 1955 when I was home in PC, at Linda’s house talking about the Gators, and Linda’s father Pete, who along with Linda's mother went to Alabama, asked me how I felt about Alabama's team and I exuded, “Alabama couldn’t buy a football game,” which was true enough that season: 

Alabama 1955 Football Schedule



and I remember Pete laughing at my boldness - - but this is a good piece http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2753160-a-legend-is-born-alabama-freshman-tua-tagovailoa-leads-epic-title-game-comeback?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football and what a historic privilege (but not a joy) it was to watch this young man in Atlanta on Monday night, Alabama looking dismal when halftime mercifully came, and we could imagine the explosions in the Bama locker room, then the second half started with a new QB (whose name reading on the back of his jersey I was still trying to pronounce) when by about his second down it was clear that even with a 13-0 lead Georgia was in deep, deep kimchee. No Georgia fan by a long damn shot, I was pulling for How ‘Bout Them Dawgs only because I’m tired of Alabama dominating the game. I do remember 1955.

But if watching the first half of Monday night’s game stirred no sympathy for Alabama (I can sit on the edge of the bed and watch every play of two SEC teams fighting it out without suffering a heart attack as long as neither team is the Gators), watching the second half reminded me of other games where it turned out not to have been a good idea for the opposing team to go into halftime slightly leading the Elephant. 

If the game had been close at halftime, we non-Bama people would never have heard of Tua, but here he is, looking better than Jake Fromm as we contemplate 2018 CFB. The Fromm Georgia-Alabama-Georgia saga is an interesting read, especially his mother, Fromm’s most fiery fan and the ultimate protective football mama, find and read it on the Bulldog website!

Speaking of Jake and Jacob, predictably, http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2753211-report-qb-jacob-eason-expected-to-transfer-to-washington-from-georgia?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football where if he holds his edge Eason could be in position to take over where Jake Browning left off and start the 2019 season back home wishing he’d never left.

Watching every play from the edge of the bed, I missed nothing and agree with this https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/1/8/16866514/georgia-alabama-referees-missed-calls-national-championship-facemask and, no bad reflection on the B1G referees, the Dawgs should have had the game in spite of Tua. 

No football expert nor even much of a fan now with the Gators so far down and Michigan piercing my soul and FSU where I can't enthusiastically hate them again until they bounce back to the arrogant top, and no NFL fan, not in the least and won't even watch the SuperBowl commercials, it's time to read the Sunday bible lessons about the call of Samuel and John's version of the call of Philip, Andrew and Peter.



DThos+ lost in the fog