Friday &c

Panama City, 43°F clear, Jupiter high in the eastern sky, wind from NE at 5 mph so feels like 39°, nasty, but promise of 64° all afternoon. Blue jeans, warm jacket and gloves for walking, maybe a scarf. Pull over hat for head & ears,

and to cover this bloody circle Dr.K cut in my high forehead yesterday morning: it isn’t fun now, and it wasn’t fun seventy years ago, mama patting my bright red searing hot skin with vinegar upon returning from a day at the beach. Dr said “keep it greasy” so I’m doing, wanting it to heal on its own even with a scar, rather than visits to their plastic surgeon. 



Man’s objective in the universe (where “man” = ανθρωπος, mankind; or, PC, humankind, but see http://www.bible-researcher.com/anthropos.html though I don’t appreciate Marlowe’s theology, a certitudinous, twistingly elaborate exclusive business of no concern or interest to my God; anyway man, the goal of anthropos is to shake and pour out the perfect martini, isn’t it. No? Well, okay. That perfection depends on one’s taste, doesn’t it. My martinis are “dirty” with a splash of brine from the green olive jar, and two, sometimes three, queen size green pimiento-stuffed olives. I like the taste and the salty. The flood of gin’s juniper is a bit perfume-isch for me, I like to knock it down a couple notches unless using Fords Gin, which is too pricey for everyday use. So how? Either with more water than the 25% water that melts off the ice cubes, or substitute vodka for part of the gin. I've tried 50/50 but not quite enough gin. So next I may try 66/33 gin/vodka, then 75/25 if not spot on, &c until I get my range.

Annoying: thanks to common sense I have an older, backup computer just in case. About Tuesday I downloaded an update on my newest one (except when buying for Kristen I only bought used), and now the browser won’t load anything. Most annoying and to be worked out, hopefully on my own. For sure, when I can get online again I’ll download a backup browser. 

Wednesday - - was it Wednesday or Tuesday, lI think it was Tuesday - - we went to Tyndall for six-weekly barbershop visit. In the commissary meat section were packages, two steaks each package, of “butchers special” on tenderloin steaks, marked down about a third, so I bought three packages. Linda and I had one package for lunch/dinner upon returning home. I was going to cook another package for Thursday lunch/dinner, but Wednesday evening from supper at church we brought home a delicious serving of chicken spaghetti. It took me back seventy years to when Mama used to make it, and it was one of my favorites, even better than steak (if you missed it at church Wednesday evening, you have my sympathy but it’s your own fault), so chicken spaghetti for dinner Thursday. I’m hoping there’s a serving left.

Wednesday evening supper-after-circharist at HNEC are not to be missed. All God’s chirren get to help with Holy Communion, which is the circus part of circharist, then a community feast. 

And let all God’s people say — AMEN.

DThos+ blithely, happily drifting along without a paddle somewhere way, way downstream in +Time+ and is that rapids I hear, or the waterfall?