don't GIVE UP

Clearing out emails I always come across some that for whatever reason weren’t read when they arrived, and were forgotten. Just so last evening with a Coastline from “the diocese” and a piece that caught my eye about a church-wide “Good Book Club” in which folks read Luke and Acts, Luke through Lent and Acts through the Easter Season; including a diocesan contact for information, a reading list and schedule. 



The idea intrigues me, so I emailed Sally Crenshaw, our diocesan contact. Waking this morning I had an immediate response with the information I need. 

This is the kind of thing I would do for and with my Adult Sunday School class and would have done with the mid-week Bible Seminars that I had for several years, have missed, but, because everything has its life and runs its course, laid aside before it went stale, to go on to other ideas of ministry. I’m not at this time going to resume the Bible Seminars - - which consumed a major part of my every week of +Time, now +Time+ - - but I am going to use the program somehow, I haven’t quite decided exactly how. 

But I’m thinking some combo of Sunday School, my +Time+ daily blogpost, and a handout. It begins Sunday, February 11 and there will be a daily link to the Bible reading, so that nobody has to go up to the attic and find a Bible, quite an undertaking for most Episcopalians, who think the Bible is that big, thick, heavy thing up front on the eagle’s back. No, it’a a really fascinating conglomeration of books that I have especially loved to read, mark, learn, enjoy, discuss, and inwardly digest. 

So here goes, watch for this to firm up, and maybe join in as your Lent DOING instead of GIVING UP.

DThos+