drizzle

 


"Drizzle" it says, the Weather ap on my phone, drizzle, wind SW 13 mph, 83° and 81%, but it's not drizzling out here on 7H porch at the moment. The porch rail's wet, so there has been rain - - or drizzle, but not right now. Lightning is what kept me up, though, a room-brightening flash of lightning behind me as I headed down the hall toward my space (Linda doesn't approve when I say why I head toward my space, so I won't go there). 

Enjoying 7H porch this morning. With my glasses on so I can see, and my ears in so I can hear the wind and the distant thunder, and my first mug of hot & black. Summer used to be my favorite Time of year for many reasons, and being outside, but these intemperately miserable summer days it's better to be outside summer nights, especially early hours before dawn while Earth is still cooling down. Right now is a very best Time that includes a cool breeze wafting onto the porch. 

Uh oh, sho 'nuff, here comes the driving heavy rainstorm.

Surprised, on opening email early, to find a a friend's Sunday blogpost that generally only shows up on weekdays. Well, this is Monday, but he wrote it Sunday ... 

Someone I admire, always starts his blog with a mind-catching quotation from a literary source, and usually an eye-catching picture to go along with it. He does it so naturally and it always so fits right in with his blogpost theme that I'm always intrigued with his brilliance, how he keeps all that in his mind. Why can't I do that? Well, for one thing, he's years younger and logarithmically smarter than I am. Plus, we have different education backgrounds and the mindsets that evolved from them - - he majored in English and it well serves his brilliance that's already there anyway; I majored in business admin so as to get it over and done and get on with whatever real life had in mind for me after I gave up the idea of theological seminary. 

With a couple of exceptions, I found a business administration major excruciatingly mind-numbing, Russian roulette boring. All my friends, my closest friends were not school mates but those at church camp from my ages ten through the summer I turned eighteen, were majoring in English and or history in prep to continuing straight on into theological seminary after graduation. I was at home with and of a mind with them, all those years my anticipation for myself, but letting go of the idea of going on to seminary, as from my junior year at university I drifted off mentally into the mists of oblivion with no vocational goal at all anymore except to graduate and get away from home. Falling into the Navy at the last moment before graduating was a happy happenstance. 

Jiminy, I'm rambling again, which seems to be a hobby, eh? The mind is no longer a steel trap, it's a hot air balloon with a hole in it.

+++++++

Monday. Today is Linda's birthday. We may go out for supper this evening. 

The rain is slowing to a drizzle.

T