Every Day

Many years ago - - more or less on arrival in Apalachicola to be the Episcopal priest at Trinity Church, and that was my first regular full time job in charge of a church after my ordinations, and where I first had regrets about not having done this all my life, as up until the age of 19 I had intended for my life, instead of just finally getting around to it the second half of my life entering seminary on my 45th birthday - - I shed the "traditional" American workplace feelings and expressions of TGIF and GDIM. From ordination into my vocation, from my first day at seminary actually, three years earlier, I realized with an inside burst of joy and relief, that I had finally got to where all my growing up years I knew that I was meant to be. 

There in Apalachicola, Sunday became the climax of my week, a strong positive feeling building from Monday, actually from Sunday afternoon after my High Priestly Nap, that there was never again any sense of a lowpoint or weekly drudge rejoice drudge cycle and attitude curve as I'd known like most other working Americans as hating Mondays and eagerly anticipating Fridays. Monday was always my day off, which never worked the years we lived in the rectory next door to the church, until 1993, when Kristen was born, and my father died, at which point I started taking a real "day off" by driving to Panama City on Sunday afternoons, taking two days to be with my newly widowed mother and with Kristen, because she lived on the same property in our house next door (the house Hurricane Michael destroyed), and driving back to Apalachicola after breakfast on Wednesday mornings. Which gave me an almost "normal" five day work week.  



Jiminy Christmas, where was I going with this? Ah, the fog. So anyway, this morning way out here in So.Walton the world is covered with semi-dense white fog. Temp is low 70s, not unusual almost normal for our area this time of year as the weather rises and falls, sunny, bitter cold, muggy warm, rainy, chilly, nice, ugly, until it smooths out into Spring varyingly February, March, April, at which point we hope Spring will last forever before bursting into the undying flame of Summer heat.

At any event, here we are, Monday again, another day of a life in which Life is Good and Every Day is a Beautiful Day.

T