to Normal

Life is real, life is earnest, and ... . Some years ago I read that in this present for us late age-range of life, as things happen, physical and mental things, there's never a return to normal, whatever normal was; that instead of "getting back to normal" we temporarily stabilize at a new, lower normal until the next event, then down another bit; not in steps, more like a ramp, as in handicap ramp; the greatest threats to us being falls, strokes, heart issues; at eight to ten years something happens. So, I guess we're there, have been for a while, but now in conscious realization if not the complete acceptance that would be resignation. !! to detour round somber. !!

It has been, for the most part, fun until Saturday's wakeup call. Maybe even 7H was actually a phase that didn't occur to me that way, not a step, but a life place on our ramp, downsized from a thirteen room house with huge walk-in attic storeroom to a three-room condo with underground parking garage and elevators. 7H didn't at all feel like down, but up, maybe being on the seventh floor with a world class view of my entire 20th century family history on StAndrewsBay as Annie&Jennie rounds Davis Point, shaded Pontius Pilate's "What is truth?" for me.

What to do to reclaim normalcy? Read the online Lectionary to prep for Sunday School and future sermons. Read car mags online, https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g25307911/general-motors-killing-cars-production-2019/ et al this morning, GM cars being lifelong favorites, though a lot of Fords and VWs, and I need yet a Chrysler sedan like my grandfather's, or that Buick Super convertible I promised myself so long ago.



Read this book and that one, currently Lois Lowry's "Number the Stars," that Kristen's 4th grade students are studying, though like Elie Wiesel and other such it is tanking again my feeling, shame, about my German heritage until My Lai returns to mind and I realize that when all is said and the last infant shot we are no different; and the horrid current era of inhumanity and where truth is still and always a question and in doubt. Slip in a DVD and watch a film, "A Man Called Ove" on my older computer screen, the newer one is too "modern" to have a CD player ("Papa! Nobody watches DVD's anymore, subscribe to Netflix!!'). Buy some mullet or a red snapper to cook at home when/if 7H happens again. Stop for a dozen half-shell and one beer; order another dozen but one beer's my limit. Resume Hebrew self-ed yet one more time again (at least, though not quite up to my basic elementary Greek level yet, I can do what I want to do with it, which is read a little and look up stuff online). Resume "Vessel Schedule" and watching for the next big one. From 7H porch, watch the TAFB beacon and nights when fighter jets bingo, what's post-HMichael Tyndall's normal to be? A reserve base like post-HAndrew Homestead? When will PC be back to normal. When will there be a movie theater in Panama City again? When will BCR be again a canopy of great trees?

POD: once doctors offices open this morning, we'll call for an appointment about Linda's fall, hoping to get away from pain and walker and back to normal.

Let us then be up and doing ...

W