A & J Easter


Yesterday morning Joe phoned from Winston-Salem, and “requested permission” to put the Annie & Jennie in the water. My son is an artist, a craftsman at building models. He is so patient, deliberate and careful, and everything he works on turns out perfect. Modeled after the fishing schooner Annie & Jennie that was wrecked in a storm at the old east pass in January 1918, this boat is a gift of love to me and a tribute to my uncle Alfred, who drowned at sea that night. 
The little twin-masted schooner sailed beautifully in a North Carolina lake yesterday and Joe emailed pictures, which I share on Easter Day. 

I pray that your day is as blessed as mine. Six months ago I never expected to be here Easter. But here I am, alive, restored, healed, alive, restored, healed, alive!!!
Come to church this morning. Children, music, a fantastic story. One Easter Day years ago, the late Reverend Mel Harper, rector of Nativity, Dothan, stepped up into the pulpit to deliver his Easter sermon. Mel proclaimed, “Christ is risen! What more can I say,” and stepped down!   
Χριστός ἀνέστη!  
Christos anesti
Christ is risen! 
TW+