Pill Time


Ramble! Yesterday seemed long for some reason, not for “work” (what me work?), but for hours, or perhaps intensity. Kristen’s 20th birthday is Sunday, January 13th. She’s leaving to drive back to college on Sunday, and so because of Ray’s work schedule we celebrated her birthday yesterday. For lunch, steamed oysters (she sampled baked too, I don’t eat baked because of the cheese) at Hunt’s. 

Then Linda and Kristen took Ray to select and purchase Ray’s promised Christmas gift while I wrote some notes to mail and contemplated Bible Seminars that start anew the first week of February. Tentatively, Acts of the Apostles during Lent, then Revelation during Easter Season.

When Malinda arrived home from work, she, Ray and Kristen came over and we (Ray actually) cooked steaks out on the grill. Ministry came up so I missed opening a bottle of El Bombero red Spanish grenache I had out to sip with the steak, because it's digusting and unseemly for the priest to show up breathing wine unless it’s communion port. But I did make sure Ray took my steak off after sear - flip - sear and it was perfect.

Asleep by nine p.m. and slept ‘til five. How did I manage to get eight hours sleep, which hasn’t happened in a couple of years? Detective Linda solved that mystery. The tenderloin and rib steaks were beyond superb. Why? Ray (who is a chef at Firefly at the beach) prepared the steaks with lots of salt and pepper. Pepper is OK, salt no, but the steaks were scrumptious. No wonder it was the best steak in two years, and no wonder I slept through the night. So I took a Lasix (furosemide) on coming downstairs just now, and have to stay close. 

Just the facts. Facts is facts, bodies is bodies, and age is age.

I'll open that grenache for lunch, my cardiologist says I can have a glass or two of red wine a day.

Oops, that was fast, the Lasix just kicked in, got to go.

Literally.

Peace
Thomas