C'est Tout

Cool room, blanket over legs and lap, cup of yesterday's coffee, WTH it's just for the ingredients anyway, not the scrumptiousness. Up early, did my exercise, still too dark for outside, so down the hall in socks for silence, down the stairs to the Quiet Zone. Jesuit priest who is Retreat Center Director walks through on way to dining room to make coffee just as I'm putting on my shoes for walk back upstairs, a breathtaking semi-jog of flight after flight after flight of stairs. To Snack Room for this large cup of Community coffee from yesterday.

Hour with assigned scripture, Ezekiel 11:17-21. Read, read, read, read aloud, "I will give ... a new heart and put a new spirit ... I will remove the stony heart ... and replace it with a natural heart ... " meditate, absorb, contemplate. Now review and reflect. All this heart talk gets pretty personal, eh?

What do I want? A word. How does God speak? However God wants to, once or maybe twice aloud, often through dissatisfaction, impatience, now and again in and as Elijah's Sound of Sheer Silence. If I'm not quiet, silent, I will fail to realize, discern, hear.

POD for Wednesday. Coffee and half a peanut butter sandwich on w/w bread. Stroll, sit, stroll, sit, routine for two hours. Read second scripture Isaiah 40:1-11 and same prayer routine as for Ezekiel. Forecast 100 F. Light lunch. Yesterday's lunch was a large bowl of the worst corn chowder I have ever tasted. Then I realized that it was not corn chowder at all, but pretty tasty squash soup.

C'est tout.

TW+