Good Dog

Neither religious nor political, my blog is to celebrate and enjoy my +Time gratefully, time gratuitously beyond what was expected three years ago, when angina was almost constant and the surgeons said inoperable. Following that, my seventy-five years of Ordinary Time, it’s named after a notion in English sport that the game is not ended by a clock but by the Referee. And also, because of my Anglican fondness for things that are not quite clear, the + doubles to mean both Extra and Cross.

Sometimes there are cars or trucks, 


or something about Navy life or how Panama City was in the nineteen-forties and early fifties. A memory of my beloved Cove School or of life's happiest days teaching at Holy Nativity Episcopal School and working with Bill on the Bill Lloyd Building. 


Now and then something ties to a Bible lesson or Collect for a Sunday. Whatever the day's topic, it doesn't generally surface before three or four o'clock in the morning, and if anyone is confused or annoyed, my objective is doubly accomplished.

Certain of nothing, not at all interested in generating discussion or debate, much less in stirring the e-pot of national hatred and vitriol, my nonsense is not published on social media like Facebook, but in a blog that intentionally is too much trouble to make comments on. 

Now and then, pictures or clipart are pinched. And since I occasionally scroll but don't really "do" Facebook, almost never is something lifted from someone else’s Facebook page, though maybe people could stop posting the coconut cream pie recipes and pictures 


that make me gain weight. That's probably my fork.

But this morning, thanks to Jeanne Byrns, there’s something irresistible.


TW