Not First Clown

It never having been my wont to play First Clown, my plan for this morning is adjusted slightly. Our Adult Sunday School class will go as usual, with Mike and me leading a visit to the OT book Judges, from which our First Reading is taken. Judges is not just one more OT tale of horror after Joshua with Achen at Ai, it has a circular scheme of salvation as the nation Israel matures from Moses’ Exodus and Joshua’s conquest of Canaan to the doubtful prestige of having their own king. As well as raising up legendary heroes like Samson, Judges is full of great stories of swords spilling guts, mallets and tent pegs, and pulling down pillars to crush Philistines, so that Boys‘ Sunday School classes will have wonderful grotesquerie to chortle over in later millennia Bible stories. 

Anyway, my intent is to help teach Sunday School but not be the sanctuary clown, anyone who wants to laugh at the clown has to come to Sunday School. 

CFB? Poor Miami, they must not have had scouts at FSU games this year, to let themselves be led into the Seminole Rally Trap strategy. Too late to say War Eagle, what a shame. Georgia Tech? where have you been lurking, that was an ouch for Clemson. Roll Tide, a great topple, Alabama could return to the top except statistically for the unbeatens, but I didn't like MissState and I don't like the idea of FSU back to Number One. Sorry, Gators, but for this one annual game everyone knows I’d rather see Amy happy than me happy: of all institutions in my life, only Cove/HNES tops UFlorida, let the reader understand.


TW