Not Sweaty and Mad

Interesting seasons we are having, interesting weather; maybe it always was, but I don’t remember it being quite like this. It’s a different perspective, maybe that’s it, having St. Andrew Bay for my front yard. Fog and haze. I once thought it would be good to sell everything and just live on a cruise ship all the time, in fact someone posted on Facebook a “Share” about an elderly person who was doing exactly that because it was more fun than a nursing home, better food and housekeeping, and a lot cheaper. Although I think there’s a point where they won’t take you.

Fog and haze again, and the humidity is solid this morning. 

We’ve had Peaden out. (1) Saturday afternoon the main downstairs HVAC went out at the house, not convenient ever but especially with the realtor having an open house Sunday. The technician arrived within minutes. A fairly new system, under warranty, needed a part they had to order, they are incredibly reliable and efficient, rang early Tuesday morning as I was leaving the gym downstairs to say the part was ready and the technician was on the way to my house, had the system back on line and running like new before Tuesday noon. (2) Iffy and troublesome from the day we moved in despite having been “inspected” prior to closing, the HVAC at the condo went out for the last and final time Sunday afternoon. I’d already had Peaden out for a look and estimate, as the system was nine years old, on top of a building exposed to the Gulf air, and repeatedly acting up. Monday I called Peaden, Tuesday afternoon they installed a new HVAC system, and we are back in business. 

How did I get off on this? It was because the humidity hit me in the face when I opened the balcony door this morning, and I appreciated Peaden yet one more time again. Someone said “well, they’re not cheap.” No, but my experience was that the cheap outfit never showed up when needed for emergency or when scheduled for maintenance. Choose: cheap, or reliable and efficient. Sweaty and mad, or cool and comfortable. 

This is my blog post this morning because I spent my usual thinking and writing time preparing my confirmation class lesson plan for Sunday morning. It’s almost finished.


TW