confession

that you may truly and humbly
   
Midsummer Dawn’s Dream: again today, lightning in a cloud on the Gulf horizon to the south, too far distant for even a rumble of thunder to reach 7H. In the past three hours that cloud’s drifted away somewhat. 

Early exercise burst walking down the stairwell several floors and then running back up. Why run? Because I still can, but honestly because running gets it over immediately despite crashing on the bed gasping for breath. But no angina, so it’s all good, Life Is Good.

Early reading, several essays including on Basque, an oldest language; and on Mexico’s refreshing and relaxing concept of time’s lack of immediacy. 

Breakfast: thick slice meatloaf on extra thin ww lightly toasted. Perhaps to be followed by a donut bought yesterday at Thomas’ on the way home from a call at Laguna Beach. 

Or I may follow the donut.

Some lightning streaks from that cloud into the sea. Still no rumbles.


Of known and unknown, done and left undone, what sins have I committed already this morning and the sun not even up yet? I browsed the news, unnecessarily because there’s nothing I can do about any of it, yet stirring anger, disgust, outrage, and churning stomach acids. For these and all other sins which I cannot now remember, I am truly sorry. I pray God to have mercy on me. I firmly intend amendment of life, and I humbly beg forgiveness of God and his Church, and ask for counsel, direction, and absolution.


DThos+