Time



Honoring St. Francis Day and all children, we had blessing of animals at HNES yesterday morning. I didn’t get a snake, spider or cricket, no goldfish, but many beautiful and loving dogs some shy some eager, several cats, a lizard, rabbit, guinea pig, quite a few stuffed animals, some pictures of pets, the most adorable children under heaven, and every child and family received a blessing along with their pet. And the same on smaller scale at church last evening. One of the great good days on calendar. Sometimes there’s tv and newspaper coverage.



Full moon, I think we have a full moon this morning, lovely. All things bright and beautiful, all creatures …, all things wise and wonderful, …

There was a time in life, my life, forty years doesn’t seem so long ago, when my voice was clear and I could chant my part of the liturgy, particularly a lilting and lively one from the liturgical reform named, as I recall, StMichael’sMass. And there was Gounod’s incomparably magnificent, chilling, explosive, sanctuary-bursting Sanctus & Benedictus of the StCeciliaMass that we sang many a cold, foggy Christmas Eve at Trinity Church, all a highlight of life irrecoverable but in the wondrous part of humanity we call memory. 

But I wander. Set free, the mind goes where it will. Sometimes with the sky, sometimes because of moon or clouds, sometimes with harbor lights, flashing channel navigation lights, red. Green. 



Time. Time to let go.

DThos+