with the Olds


62° 72% and sitting here with open sliding door onto 7H porch, perhaps fall has come at last. 



What for sure has come at last is news from the astronomy community that deepens our knowledge of our universe, about binary neutron stars colliding, 



that renews my ongoing high anxiety indecision about whether in my next life to be a Navy fighter pilot or a weatherperson or an astronomer or, ἰδού, a shepherd in the hills keeping watch o’er flocks by night and lasering wolves that come close. 



My dream is that between incarnations there’ll be enough time to come ashore as a category 5 hurricane. For sure, I’ll be driving that 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme hardtop coupe across the night sky. 



This week a beloved asked me, “Papa, of all the cars you’ve owned, what was your favorite?” My answer usually has been that new red 2001 Tahoe we bought on 9/11; but all things considered, let the reader understand, I have to go with the Olds.

See, ἰδού, it’s Tuesday and already I’m anticipating Friday’s drive back into my Twilight Zone.

Reading assignment: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/16/science/ligo-neutron-stars-collision.html?emc=edit_th_20171017&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=19934675



Pics. Sunset 16Oct2017 PB407 and 7H. Artist’s notion neutron stars colliding. Dream car still in my garage out on the back alley, door ajar, ready to go, and I’ve got a ticket to ride.

DThos+