Saturday anyway

5:18 a.m. and black as pitch outside. Clouded over, no moon or stars, planets. I’m thinking daylight will have come this time midsummer, but I know nothing. 

Infuriating, seemingly incessant ringing cellphone, including waking me during naps, tricky, sneaky, 850 area code with local 532 and 832 prefixes on rings from hornet nests of telemarketers. Waking, one wishes for a red button on the phone that would explode a hydrogen bomb in their room; barring that, go to system preferences and stop all calls not on my phone contacts list. “Leave a message.” Calls that ID self and leave a message will be called back, otherwise delete as scam! No point in saying “what has the world come to?” because Julius Caesar himself said that, scammers and greed, nothing has changed, what has the world come to - -

Saturday. Tomorrow morning at six o’clock every family on our parish email list will receive The Good Book Club reading #1 that will go out daily through Lent. We’ll be reading the Gospel according to Luke together. As the Forty Days of Lent exclude Sundays, the legitimate question’s out there, “why are we doing this seven days a week, including Sundays, instead of just the forty days?” The answer is that I didn’t design the program or we would have done six days instead of seven, but my comment is that it’s super fun reading and musing anyway, and I’m glad it includes Sundays. 

After every day’s reading I’ve added a paragraph or sometimes two, meant to stir up thought. My paragraph or two may be thought-provoking, controversial, or annoying; no matter, long as folks get into it, reading a Bible story every day. Anyone who wants to civilly exchange emails with me is invited and welcome. Rudeness or hostility will be deleted or ignored, but I don’t expect that to happen.  


Car of the day: Bullitt Mustang. I’ve never had a Mustang. Had a Chevy Camaro once, and a Pontiac Firebird, but never a Ford Mustang. Maybe? Anymore, I’d only want a convertible. Mustang or Corvette convertible. With a pushbutton to lower the top before I get in and before I get out; otherwise I no thank you.

DThos+