Tarpon &c


There's the red snapper again, ready to slip into the oven to bake, it was Linda's birthday meal and as delicious as memories call forth, the baked snapper we loved at home in my growing up years. For each one of us, a huge serving of beautiful white meat, also cheese grits and squash casserole, and I think we had homemade cornbread. Since then I've had three delicious snapper sandwiches while everyone else ate meatloaf sandwiches.

Just unloaded from the boat, the snapper came from Tarpon Dock Seafood, a location that has memories for me: my father worked there in the late 30s or early 40s when it was a Standard Oil gas station. And on the evening of July 24, 1942 we five went there in our car (dark blue 1942 Chevrolet Fleetline Aerosedan) and took possession of a tiny puppy, mixed collie and german shepherd. He was for Walt's third birthday, so Walt got to name him, and Walt named him Happy Birthday. The dog in our lives that we adored all his years, and he us.

Now the spot is Tarpon Dock Seafood. Tarpon for the name of the motor vessel that used to dock there on her run between Mobile and Carrabelle. 


Late blogpost today because I came across another free and competent Hebrew course and've been again working my way through, this time with the written letters as well as the printed. It's like starting from scratch, which I don't think I really need to do for my limited purposes.

T