Orange & Blue

Up late, nearly five o'clock, black coffee only, no dark chocolate as this Tuesday morning early is blood draw, prep for next Tuesday's six-monthly GP appointment 



which is where I am now, in the waiting room.

When I get home in probably an hour, bacon sandwich for breakfast, maybe a BLT, smear of mayonnaise, lose the L. What brought this up? Bacon frying aroma as I left 7H a bit ago, and yesterday Joan buying tomatoes and bacon for Elmer's BLTs. Those things cling to the mind hooks until they're satisfied.

Short visit to the blood technician. She likes miraclewhip instead of mayonnaise because it's a bit sweet, recommended I try it, but I'm not gambling with success. Mayo addiction may turn out to be genetic, as on our last visit I saw my brother putting mayonnaise on his fried mullet.

On the way home, stop by Greenwood for short visit with Bill and with Norman, both of whom I still miss terribly. Knowing they're not there, but maybe there's something in the ether or space-Time waves of our universe to convey my stopping by and remembering.



Whoever maintains the place does fine at the southern entrance, but the north end's 



growing over like a rain forest or something. It's quiet and quite lonely in Greenwood mornings when I'm the only one around. But then I'm not going to be there, I'm for scattering, in five places that only Linda knows where. Wishing me a hundred twenty years.



Some plants in Greenwood are enjoying late summer and probably, like me, looking forward to a long, mild autumn in the cool salt air.

Back home now, on 7H porch because the morning, though no breeze except for the tall fan oscillating to the left of me, is 76° 89% and tolerable. As I enjoyed my BT and cheese on toast with mayo, I watched Navy head out into the Pass for another day of victory at sea. With love and more happy memories, I wish them a happy day. As for my next move: TAFB barbershop, stop in commissary for canned spinach, which I love and ate the last in my chicken soup last night for supper, and a couple things on Linda's list. 

Yesterday I ordered two stadium seats in prep for this season's football games in Tallahassee. One orange, one blue.



Shrimper heading out. Orange and Blue. Maybe it's a Sign from heaven, Go Gators?

T