$450,000

Heavy lightning, including nasty streaks, in large clouds over the Gulf of Mexico to the south and west of me as I venture out on 7H porch way too early this morning. Apparently gone half an hour later when I go back out while coffee beans grind and perk through my magic machine. 

Cupcakes, 53-6, so what else is new, but I despise cupcake football games that degrade and humiliate players, young men who take their commitment and love seriously only to be tossed to the lions so their stadium can have new lights or new uniforms or whatever. There's no way. Sorry, Gators. And Blue - - as the unmentionable starts being whispered, this is not at all what we anticipated with Jim Harbaugh. Alabama, ok, a few seasons ago the Cardinal was a threat; the only way to shake the fist is sour grapes, just you wait, when Saban retires ...

What this morning? Glad and happy to be back home after one of the best ever visits to Apalachicola. Oysters. Mullet. Dear friends. Wedding rehearsal that was a riot and the wedding itself more fun than a barrel ...

My pulpit and altar this morning, more later.