family reunion

Writing big so as to take up more space because of not especially moved to speak this morning. A full stomach and full heart from Thanksgiving Dinner down at the other end of PCB for family reunion, forty people at the rented house for visit and tasty vittles. 



Picture taken after dinner, I haven't counted those who came outside for the picture, you can do that if you wish, but this may be the first such family event either since my father died in 1993 and certainly since mama died in 2011. The gatherings were always good at the big house, the Old Place.

Obsessed with people's privacy, my own privacy and especially the privacy of folks I love, I don't mind other people's business, but saw only love, saw nothing of the negative that one hears and reads about when families get together. I may be naive, blind to reality, but it was all good. Many outgoing, some shy and quiet. How many generations present? I think four generations. 

And a suitable house, ten or eleven bedrooms. A wonderful idea from the minds of, I think, three of the women colluding starting a year ago. I hope there'll be another reunion sometime, I needed that.