מִיכָאֵל Who is like God?

This is All Souls Day, an RC but not Anglican commemoration - - maybe in some spiky parishes or dioceses where the bishop or priest like to ape Rome in everything that was ceremonial and religiously overdeveloped in the days before Vatican II. 

Stormy yesterday as promised, from about ten and finished by two, but raw, ugly, Gulf washing up on the beach here out past the "Y" in front of this hurrication condo that's our November home; not so much the Bay. 



We drove into town yesterday, which unfortunately stirred the grief and anger again, especially in places, neighborhoods, that still look too stunned in their innocence to have begun clearing. The immensity of Michael is overwhelming, and I've still not been further east than the Glen Bridge that crosses Watson Bayou on US98 heading into Millville, and on to what we used to call Bay Harbor, and further on toward Tyndall AFB, Mexico Beach, PortStJoe, Apalachicola. I understand the grief, but the anger that boils to a fury inside me is Other, something else altogether: humans like - - I'm finding that psychologically I may even need - - to have an object to blame, at whom to rage for such an atrocity as nature has visited on this place of my heart. After Pearl Harbor it was easy, and after 9/11, but this is Job in sackcloth sitting among the ashes of life, scratching with a piece of broken pottery and stunned unto blasphemy that his Creator has allowed this to happen. Why me, Lord, why us? 

Why not us? We experience life as it is, take it or leave it, and I'll take it.

Progress is good in reclaining 7H, we found yesterday, ceilings and drywall that were wet and moulding removed and exposing metal studs, buckled floors taken up down to the concrete. Temporary roof being put on the buildings, all will be allowed to dry in, then in Time everything on the roof removed and the new permanent roof installed, as I understand it; guessing by next March, by which Time new ceilings and drywalls may be installed and it will be Time to select new floor materials and wall colors, which I'll stay out of, leaving it to Linda & Tass.

One thing I've noticed, I'm glad still to be here to help where needed, alive at 83 and of mind and strength to do my part. Michael and Malinda have helped clarify much regarding personal decisions.

In closing my absurd muse this Friday morning, November 2nd, מִיכָאֵל , Michael raises the rhetorical question, "Who is like God?" and hopefully the answer is certainly not Michael. Or maybe so, IDK. Who am I to make noise without knowledge - -

T