Sunday at Ruby



Yesterday afternoon a highlight of the year, returning to Ruby Diamond Auditorium for the annual FSU music production PRISM, a spectacular of variety. It isn't necessary, and perhaps inappropriate to have favorites, but if asked, mine might be the orchestra filling the stage with instruments and musicians, and my senses with music. The music begins at  two o'clock, and that shot was at 2:37, a pano that ends with Charlotte.

The finale begins just before four o'clock, signaled by musicians spread throughout the auditorium singing Hymn to the Garnet & the Gold, then explodes into a Seminole frenzy. If the man in front of me posts on FB a video that scans by an old man who looks like me doing "the chop", SHMG that's not me, everybody has a Doppelgänger, besides, I only did it this one time for Caroline, who has been accepted into the fall 2020 FSU freshman class. I told her, if she decides to go elsewhere I'll have to go to confession because of that sin, but if she goes to FSU I'll change sides and wear a garnet & gold cap.

But never over Thanksgiving weekend.

My car is loaded with the chest that's coming home to go in my o/s/den, so filling the car that if we stop at TJ's, which basically I can see from our 5th floor room window here at Hampton Inn, and we never miss stopping there, there's no room for our usual shopping extravaganza. An old (I'm four years older than he is though, and once was senior to him, but I retired and he passed me) Navy friend sent me a link to wine choices at TJ's so I'll check that out. And the couple other items.

Same picture lightened a bit.



T