Advent 2B

     Commemorating Advent, I could title this photograph of a recent evening from 7H, "The Great and Terrible Day of the Lord", but I won't,

or maybe I will, it's an apt one.

    Sunday morning it is, we have Sunday School class in the parish library, 9:15 to 10:15. Facemasks, doors open at both ends of the building for air circulation, social distancing. Maybe streaming online via the parish Facebook page, but I decline to be in charge or responsible for that or for the sound quality when it does happen!! I do not have a handout for class this morning because when I went to the parish office to print it yesterday the fancy copy/printer kept jamming on me, in an insistent manner that, if I want to take it that way, y'hVah saying again and again he doesn't like my handout and challenging me to come up with something different entirely for the class, so I have done. 

    Tentative for this morning, my plan will be to send the handout, now expanded to include my "lecture notes" in blue ink, out via email to class members and others who said they want to be included on the SS class email list, just as we convene the class session at 9:15. Remembering that in our adult Sunday School class there are no taboos, no questions that mayn't be raised and no discussion is forbidden. And no "teacher" who can't be challenged. 

    Seek the truth

        come whence it may 

            cost what it will. 

Mindful but not fearful that the quest may be unsettling, even costly. But then faith that shuns doubt is not faith at all but some sort of head in the sand certitude.

Breakfast this morning. Trying to contain the Holiday Season feasting and heavy results, these days mainly yogurt. Where my preference may be wild game sausage on a hot dog bun and laced with yellow mustard, yogurt. Mind, I cannot stand no-fat dairy products, and I cannot stand anything "sweetened" with aspartame, my yogurt choice currently is Greek style, whole milk, Fage 5% or Cabot 10% or Chobani 5%. My serving is two or three heaping teaspoons, in a coffee mug. Usual is plain; occasional, as this morning, sweetened with a dribble of honey. I have several kinds of honey, my honey this morning is traditional Southern, Apalachicola River local tupelo honey, the last of a large plastic bottle. 

T+