Tuesday 8 Dec 2020




 Tide's out, Redfish Point is bathed in the morning sun, outside it's chilly, at least to me, 37°F and a 10 mph wind from the north that makes it feel, my weather app says, like 32°F, so wintry. Near freezing tonight says the weather lady on Chanel #11, sic but recalling how romantic I felt myself to be as a teenager, giving my girl a tiny bottle of Chanel #5. 

But back to today, I'm not a cold weather person, as I learned every cold morning those years of bitter cold dawns in Rhode Island, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and even Northern Virginia. On here I've posted at least once my memory of the morning at Fort Adams in Newport, RI:

find my car in the lumping mounds of snow parked with other cars where yesterday there had been a curb,

shovel it out of the snow the 2 AM snowplow piled on it overnight,

scrape open the door handle and lock,

pour boiling water on the lock to unfreeze it,

get inside, start the car's engine, and turn on the heater's defroster,

scrape the snow and ice off the windshield,

get back inside the car and vow never again to complain about my insufferably hot steamy closed car on an August day in Florida - - a vow I've kept as faithfully as any vow I've made. So help me God.

Here inside 7H it's comfortably warm and the view in every direction is lovely.



Current project is my Sunday School challenge of usable Bibles for class members on Sunday mornings, without going to the church office every Saturday and relying on the copier/printer to print the portions of various Bible books that I'm intending to use in class. Minimize paper waste while I'm at it. Copy paper usage must have gone over the horizon during this covid pandemic, and waste because it's throwaway after the instant event. I'm looking at inexpensive large print Bibles that each class member could write their name on one. Arrived yesterday, one with font size 12, one coming with font size 16. 

Lesson for Sunday:

1 Thessalonians 5:16-24

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; abstain from every form of evil.

May the God of peace himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do this.


Breakfast: wild game sausage on hot dog bun, with squiggle of yellow mustard.

BLM&PTL

T+ 


Oh, PS, the note that having been hacked on Facebook Messenger, and an attempted hack again last evening, I've deactivated that account.