friends and neighbors

Good morning, friends and neighbors. Is it just an expression, or does it indicate a difference between friends on one hand, and neighbors on the other hand, like the sheep and goats of the gospel, compliant sheep to the right and eternal bliss, rebellious goats to the left and eternal fire? Honestly, IDK except that the bliss is a faith hope not a certainty, enhanced in appeal by two millennia of Christianity; and the fire is a human construct based loosely on literal v metaphorical gospel understandings that the medieval church used to keep Christians fearfully in line (read Pillars of the Earth). Our religion doesn't teach us how to die, or to panic for personal salvation into afterlife, it teaches us to emulate Christ in that we love God precisely by loving neighbor. It's about Here & Now, Advent: Jesus' Second Coming is spiritual within each Christian who strives to live according to our Baptismal Covenant. It's no easy calling.

Some folks know that while we were at church last evening, our ABSOLUTE BEST EVER December service of Lessons & Carols, my Facebook messenger facility was hacked with a video that's a malware, sending itself out to everyone on my messenger list. If you received it, DON'T OPEN IT. If you tried to open it, as I did thinking it was from a friend, it may already have seized control of your FB messenger. I suspended my Facebook page this morning while I try to make sure I've got it secure again; so I won't be posting this blogpost on Facebook.

Back to battery, I am of a mind that heaven is more related to breakfast than to pearly gates,

 

which brings to mind and screen that in response to public clamor, I here resume, from Time to Time, reporting my breakfast treats. This morning on one sausage bun, two links, one each of deer sausage and of bison (spicy). Eating as I type, I notice that my computer keys are greasy, the space bar with a smear of mayonnaise, mustard on the O and K keys.

Hoping you are the same.

T+