Not an update


It's a pink Monday morning from our motel room window and, though I could edit out the huge sign and the utility poles and wires, it's what I see so why should I do that, life as it is. I wrote and put up a blogpost an hour ago, but it wouldn't post and blogger cut in to tell me someone was trying to cut into my site, so I tried to save, and cut it off. Gone when I opened back up.

Though the airport gate is one block east of us, in more than a week here we've only noticed one plane taking off. 

Not sure, but I may have flown into here some when, thirty-five and forty years ago, I was coming down from Harrisburg to teach major weapons system acquisition courses for UWestFla. I don't know, don't remember, that was a busy time of life for me, working three different full time occupations at the same time for several years, my defense consulting business, teaching two graduate courses, full time seminary, and away from home 75% of each year. Summer 1984 we moved to Apalachicola and, free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, free at last, I gave up everything but the vocation to ministry.

Malinda seemed really out of it yesterday afternoon and early evening, must have been exhausted, paid no attention to what was going on, and drowsed the entire time. That is until we arrived in her new room on the Neuro Floor. When introduced to her new nurse, she roused from her drowsiness long enough to ask her, "Do you want a kitten?"

T