NSPG

Tomorrow morning we drive east and east through Mexico Beach and on east to Apalachicola to overnight at a hotel on the river, for a Saturday morning funeral in which I am to preach the homily (sermon?). Homiletically, they are not the same. A homily briefly exposits on scripture that has just been read, a commentary to draw out spiritual meaning and application. A sermon might be on about anything, whatever the preacher has in mind and for however endless. But I've noticed Episcopal priests not seeming to know the difference, saying homily as more catholic and sophisticated than sermon; and Episcopalians think of ourselves as nothing if not sophisticated and katholische We may even say homilist for preacher.

After the interment we drive north for two nights, and parts of three days with beloveds, in Tallahassee. 

Reverting to diary, yesterday good visit over lunch with my sister. Half-shell oysters, and fried. Family chat, and she told me a place to be on lookout for to stop for oysters and mullet in Panacea, where Saturday afternoon we will drive through on our way to Tallahassee.

Thursday a day of hurrication. Maybe a furo-forty or furo-sixty to drain off fluid. No one but I know how pressingly I wish and need to be not-involved in physical recovery of 7H from the storm. Even just the thought of it. I like here in SoWalton, evade the mind of constant immersion among crushed homes and businesses, snapped off pine trees and bottoms-up heritage oaks. Where am I on the disaster chart - - not so pretty good. Where are you?