obento

Yesterday we drove down toward Pier Park to finish some business. While in the area lunchtime came upon us, so instead of stopping at one of many restaurants at PCB, we went to Fresh Market for sushi. Well, Linda bought salads for herself and Malinda, I bought two obentos, two bento boxes of sushi, one for my lunch and one hoping Kristen might be coming over for pot roast supper with us. She didn't come, so what was to be hers is now my breakfast. And just as the last time I reported on sushi, I got it out of the fridge, "reefer" is the Navy term, to come up to room temperature.



We have a busy day in mind. During and between said business, I mean to read and write. If only the car had a roomy back seat for that, but it does not, indeed, only one affordable American car offers a model with plenty of legroom and comfort behind the driver; so I'll work squnched up and unable to move my legs. Besides styling absurdities, car manufacturers must have closed up the stretch out back seat legroom that we had when I was a boy, closed that up because most of our use of automobiles is single, driver only, no need for passenger space in the back, nobody's back there. Train travel would be perfect, but we generally do not have that in America, and so instead, everybody has their own car. I once had seven cars, a story already told here more than once, and our years in Apalachicola, there were times when I had four or five cars parked out in front of the rectory and was often asked, with a pretense of humor, if I was running a used car lot.

We will be in Apalachicola not this weekend, but next, and then on to Tallahassee. It will be our first time traveling into what was the east side of the hurricane's eyewall.

... and the mind wanders where it will.

T