Tuesday

Yesterday? Not sure what happened, near noon got in my V8 and drove into town with an errand or two in mind, realized it was MLK and places were closed so drove out 77 toward Lynn Haven. Seeing more broken and fallen pines, changed mental and physical directions, turned around to head south on 77, didn't recognize 23rd Street intersection, memory says there was a bombed out bank building there, turned west at US231 for 15th Street and on toward Hathaway Bridge, only stopping at a gas station in "Little Dothan" then drove straight back here wondering why I'd not at least stopped some'ers for a dozen halfshell. Sixty miles nonstop and nonsense but that it'd sprung me for maybe two hours, I didn't clock it. 



Last evening's moonrise. This morning's disappointment, sky too cloudy to view the conjunction of Venus and Jupiter. It's okay, in stargazing years when I was 20-something and 30-something, I learned early to look when I could and not worry about what I hoped for but missed. Now looking back from 80-something, not a bad lesson for life as it comes along in spite of me. 

Black coffee and a dark chocolate Lindt's truffle. Friday when I went to Tyndall for a haircut, they were about two-thirds markdown at the Commissary, lot cheaper than a regular chocolate bar. 

Life and Light are better than Darkness. And my V8 than your 4.

T