good better best


Life is Good reads my orange baseball cap gifted to me years ago, and I could not agree more! Life is Better in one's teens and forties than other ages. And what I'm experiencing as a aged look-backer is that Life is Best when one is mature enough not to be tempted by shiny things and so finish up debt-free. I remember a friend, and also her father Odin who was a fascinating and cherished friend, telling me about a ferry-boat-man who declined to ferry travelers across the stream because, as he told them, "I have enough food for three days."

Life is Good when you have enough food for three days, and when, if you order pricey lobster from Maine or crab cakes from Maryland, online, the expense doesn't come out of your budget, it comes out of your children's inheritance.   

We have enough food for three days, honestly, I don't know why we keep going to the grocery stores. Favorites: Grocery Outlet, The Carousel, Publix, and Sam's. Oh, and Fresh Market. Trader Joe's, but that's out of reach anymore.

Introspection occurs to me: why all this sudden interest in food? Well, for one, I'm working to do my heart and kidneys a favor by dropping a few pounds, and, for two, my stomach keeps rumbling because of it.

Other than that, what's Happiness? Happiness is being in a cool room on a hot muggy summer day, with nice soft warm socks for your feet. 

Happiness is living in 7H, which is like a stateroom upgrade on a cruise ship that's docked in port and my balcony cabin is on the sea side of the ship, not the pier side.

Happiness is never wanting to travel anywhere except maybe across town once a week, or across the bridge from Time to Time, or to Apalachicola once in a while.

Happiness is living walking distance from an iced platter of a dozen cold salty raw oysters. Maybe two dozen and a dozen fried.

Anticipated Happiness is the hope that Captain's Table will open soon, with fried mullet on the menu.

What the Hell, it's all Good.

RSF&PTL

T


Snapped from my bed at nap Time, BIWA ARROW 623x105 in the far channel, departing East Terminal for Savannah. Monday, 6 June 2022, 1:17 PM.