places of the heart

 


Very sorry indeed to read that Sean Dietrich is so sick, down with covid and feeling terrible. He wrote that his wife is making chicken soup, meanwhile Sean blogged his desired funeral arrangements. I'm not so much for the funeral pyre floating out into the Gulf with the ashes, but having the soft ice cream truck is first class. It's a great idea to do as much ahead of Time as possible to take the burden off your next of kin, and yesterday I emailed our obits to our funeral home to put in our files. This morning we're heading off to a Place of our Hearts just for the day, but before we leave I'll email the funeral home and add the ice cream truck to the arrangements.

Where to scatter most of the ashes when the Time comes - - my list is several places dearest to my heart and life. Loved ones did that for Gina at her direction last year - - an idea I think she got from me, because I seem to recall discussing my intentions with her several years ago. Her list was not at all surprising, especially considering she was the family genealogist and knew where interesting old family cemeteries are. My own list, which I've only confided to Linda and Robert, is about places and people I've loved. I don't think about it too much, because life itself is so good!

Breakfast this morning: a small dish of gruel, because I'm figuring on oysters at noon dinnertime. Raw half-shell and fried. 

Linda and Kris may shop a little, while I sit in the car working over drafts of a couple of different sermons for this coming weekend, Trinity Sunday. 

Which reminds me. Sean of the South specified "no sermon" at his funeral, because he'd never liked listening to them. Me neither, so all these years I've tried to keep mine short, nine to eleven minutes max to say whatever seems right. For this Trinity Sunday I have two worked up: I'll choose one to preach, and publish the other one as a blogpost here on +Time.

RSF&PTL

T


snapshot: this morning from 7H porch. I like it because of the way the layers of clouds give depth.