T88&c

With the new beds (dual-king is actually two twin beds pushed together), this morning I'm not up quite so early. The beds are fine, the mattresses are firm, perfect, and Joe did the final touch by putting blocks, chair risers from Lowe's, under the legs, to raise them up to chair height. 

The problem with the comfortable queen size bed that's now in my study-office-den for Joe or potentially other visitors, was that it's so high that we had to have a step beside it for Linda to get into the bed; and a SuperAger using a step is a terrible fall waiting to happen; so, the new, lower bed.

Three crackers along with the last of a favorite, TJ's goats' milk creamy cheese, its slight tartness perfect with the first mug of hot & black. Unopened, the little carton is good for months in the fridge. IDK why T88&c is starting out with a wandering mind this Tuesday before Christmas. 

For many years, Christmas in our house is actually the Christmas Eve service at church, and twenty to nearly forty years ago I was very sure that Christmas never happened anywhere but Trinity Church, Apalachicola, starting with Wesley singing "O Holy Night" from the slave balcony, and then the choir singing "Adeste Fideles" and then the thurifer leading crosses, choir and ministers down the aisle in the opening procession, "O come, all ye faithful." At the Communion, Trinity Choir leading with the Sanctus and Benedictus Qui Venit from Charles Gounod's Latin St Cecilia Mass. 

I can hear it, Wesley or Jeannie singing, "Sanctus, sanctus - - sanctus, sanctus ..."

Missing that, starting Christmas 1998 after we retired, was shaking, traumatic, years recovering. But I'm good now: Life-is-Short moves on, and in Time, Christmas became Holy Commotion, the children's Christmas pageant at Holy Nativity, which is better the worse it gets, and the goats and shepherds coming in with the angels.

Anyway, at Holy Nativity, Christmas is the children, lots of children; and church and Christmas don't git no better'n'nat, nomesane?

Besides, our rector came back from a trip to the Holy Land with the news, surprising to us, that the shepherds in Luke's Nativity narrative most likely would actually have BEEN children. 

And if children say they've seen angels, you know it's really so.

+++++++++

Thinking to end it there this morning. 

RSF&PTL

T88&c