Diary 20110320 0441


Diary 20110320 0441
Most people probably do not realize that I’m a sneak. A sneak. If there’s ice cream in the freezer I know it and sooner or later I’m in to it. I like my ice cream freezing stone cold hard and our freezer does that. I like scoops of ice cream in a glass or bowl, then milk poured in on top of it. The milk freezes all round the ice cream and makes crunchy crispy bites. Can’t do that much anymore. 
While we were in Cleveland a friend told us about Blue Bell Light ice cream in the flavor Homemade Vanilla. Oh, man is it good. Even better than regular. Tastes and feels like ice cream we cranked when I was a kid. Less fat and calories than regular ice cream, lifting my conscience a bit. Finishing supper last night my milk glass was a quarter full, just enough to put in a couple scoops of Blue Bell light homemade vanilla and enjoy the crunchy. 
No one around either. Linda was upstairs shampooing her hair, so I didn’t get caught. Until she came down with my heart pills. Coreg & simvastatin v.s. ice cream. 
Instead of milk I really prefer whipping cream poured over ice cream, maybe a bit of Hershey’s chocolate syrup. But that’s out for the rest of my life. Seems to defeat the purpose of light ice cream. And the coreg and simvastatin. Maybe there’ll be a chance to sneak it one more time if I can get away with it. I wouldn’t put it past me. In the fridge are two unopened cartons of whipping cream. 
Recently my brother found out he was anemic, so was eating dark green leafy vegetables and red meat. Once he called me and said he had just finished two chicken liver sandwiches. A favorite that I’ll never enjoy again. Chicken livers on whole wheat bread. With mayonnaise. Or butter. Liver is out forever too, though, which makes me sad, because The Carousel sells a liver pate’ with mushrooms that’s out of this world. If Linda goes to Blue Lake this October no one will ever know if I sneak out to Laguna Beach and buy some.
Saturday we went to Buddy Gandy’s. Bought shrimp which will be Sunday dinner for everyone but me. Mullet, which will be broiled in the oven instead of fried, delicious though. A pint of oysters. And two small Spanish mackerel, which we had for Saturday lunch, oven broiled.
The sun isn’t up yet but I’m thinking of lunch: half a broiled mullet and half-dozen oysters oven baked.
Maybe half a dozen oysters baked on toast right now. My favorite breakfast.
Yes.
T.