SPRINGTIME


Feeling alive and well there’s no longer a driving reason to get up in the wee hours to enjoy a bit more of life as in my final weeks of Ordinary Time so this morning’s sleep was till four o’clock. In the old days of Ordinary Time four a.m. was coffee hour, always welcome. In +TIme four o’clock is pleasant peaceful orange juice time sometimes decaf tea sometimes milk. Beloved ruby red grapefruit juice is out because it renders the statin pill ineffective. Today max pulp orange juice.
Sleeping with the outside door open. The door to the upstairs front porch is right by my side of the bed. Some years ago we had a springtime that stretched on and on and on and the door was open for weeks or maybe a couple months. May that happen again in my lifetime. Generally though springtime is way too short before the weather hots up. Spring 2011? Who knows, innit.
A friend emailed asking why I wasn’t in the departing receiving line after ten thirty worship yesterday, was I OK. Yes but my iPad was in my pew and I went back to get it then decided not to fight the crowd to get back up front to the line. Church was a bit long because of the wonderful girl chorus from Colorado, Malinda had been sitting with my mother since nine-thirty and she and Kristen were at our house for Sunday Dinner so I took off vestments and came on home. No worries.
But springtime. Springtime always reminds me of The Student Prince and Mario Lanza singing “Golden Days” ... life has nothing sweeter than its springtime.
Monday: peace.
Tom+