Sunday Rambler


It’s early Sunday morning, but not all that early. Linda is still lying here asleep. It’s nice and cool, and tomorrow maybe the blog will be about our recent adventure. In the meantime, the New York Times is online for browsing. Washington Post isn’t online yet, their morning update is always later than the NYT. Haven’t checked CNN yet to see if anything happened overnight.
It was “Holi” this week, Festival of Colors, and at Kristen’s college the Hindu Student Association invited the entire student body to help them enjoy the festivities. Celebrants threw around colored powder, and they were spraying water so the powder would stick. She sent me pictures of multi-colored students, wet and happy. If she says it’s OK to share, I will post one.
Facebook comes to mind because there’s a friend request online this morning. The nicest people ask me to be Facebook friends, and also folks ask me to connect with them on LinkedIn. My habit is generally to accept, but Facebook has “improved” their site to the point that I no longer know how to navigate around it, so I never post, and only check it when notified that there’s something personal for me. As for LinkedIn, I accepted the first few invitations, but forgot to jot down my password and so can’t get on it any longer. No matter. The invitations are kind, but folks who invite me mustn’t be surprised and disappointed that they never hear from me again.
NYT Sunday Review is usually interesting, just so this morning. Couple of “right on” pieces. Like it or lump it, right on. Obsessions, especially in the name of the Church are very telling, very, very revealing. 
Vatican and bishops condemn nuns for feeding the poor instead of railing against contraception? Vatican and bishops condemn -- anybody? God help us -- please. My father liked to say something about people who live in glass houses throwing stones. 
Westboro Baptist Church hates gays? Now we understand, Pastor Fred Phelps. No, take out the comma.
Sunday Rambler. Speaking of which, we had two Rambler station wagons early in marriage. The second one was two-tone pink and had push-buttons on the dashboard for shifting the transmission. Our first air-conditioned car. 


Brought to us by my hero George Romney. Very  good car, a demo we bought at the Nash dealership in Jacksonville and took to Ann Arbor for my time at University of Michigan. Traded for a new 1963 Chevy station wagon to take to Japan. 

Linda’s awake and it's not so early anymore. Time for coffee.
TW
BTW - ours was a couple years later Rambler Cross Country than that one above, but the same color.