For My Next Trick

First day back from the first adventure of my Summer of Silent Retreats. It was an exceptional experience, my first such in thirty years. Last time in Boston, an Episcopal monastery overlapping with Harvard, my room looking across a highway upon the Charles River. Now in a Jesuit place I was the only non-Catholic, and most of the women there were nuns doing their annual spiritual retreat.

Next adventure starts in just over a week. (What, going away again for more goofy religious stuff?) Yes, three this summer for the purpose of being open to whatever God has in mind for me next for ministry. Next as in starting this fall, this coming September. Turning 78 and needing a new slate, minor change or major, and wanting to go into it, whatever it may be, feeling the same Divine summons that got me into this Holy Mess nearly forty years ago in the first place. 

Far out on an old farm in the boondocks of Georgia, the next place has no WiFi, but the maps show 3G coverage. It will be my intent then to continue +Time posting. So, between now and then, I'll practice writing and posting using iPad instead of MacBook. We shall see how it goes.

Meantime, sermon preparation time.

TW