CFB: It's In The Blood

43-8 & CFB
or
A Theological Reflection on the Super Bowl

In the Bible (Genesis 9:4 and Leviticus 17:11), G_d says the blood belongs to Him, because the life is in the blood. As is well known, the blood consists of three elements: plasma, platelets, and CFB, each element having different functions. The physiological function of CFB is to thicken the blood. The theological function of CFB is to help us know when to Forgive and when to Gloat.

With the 2010 NFL draft I became a Bronco fan. But CFB blood is thicker than Denver air, and my Gator blood will never, ever let go of my grudge against the Denver Broncos for their shabby treatment of Tim Tebow. Never never ever never ever. It’s in my blood along with platelets and plasma. At church yesterday, most of the Souper Bowl cans of soup went into the Denver basket. Our Souper Bowl can of soup went into the Seattle basket. And my blue stole -- for Gators and MGoBlue. My smile started when Peyton Manning missed that snap. And spread wider all evening. 43-8. 



To gloat is divine. 


T

Thanks, Missie!!